V-Track: Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question you need answering? Take a look at some of our most frequently asked questions below and see if we've already got you covered.
Can't find your question here?Contact Us
We will make sure you get the answers you need.
V-Track will tell you what assets you have, the configuration of your assets, what software resides on your hardware, and whether there have been any changes to asset configurations. It will also show you what assets don’t meet minimum specifications, who the users are, where your assets are located, the financial obligations of your assets and whether any assets have gone missing.
In short, it answers your important business questions when it comes to asset management and control
V-Track is exceptional at managing assets across both purchased and rental, but includes important features to help organisations manage rental assets even more efficiently. V-Track has a lease information management module designed to provide you with a clear picture of your rental assets across lease start and expiry dates, asset value, rental amounts, contract terms, payment frequency and cost centres.
Thanks to the highly customisable dashboard and reporting features, you can customise reporting to each asset, recover per asset rental charges from cost centres and ensure end-of-lease dates are tightly managed to prevent financial implications or losses. In addition, the system manages contractual start and end dates to ensure asset awareness across organisation, silo and business unit, and provides a visual representation of settlement amounts, lease data and usage.
Currently we have a subscription payment plan which you can use to access your V-Track solution. You can use a subscription license as an ongoing tool or you can work with us to deliver a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution where V-Track services are managed on your behalf. To find out more about our PaaS offering please contact us.
InnoVent Rental and Asset Management Solutions Pty Ltd and Qrent customers can include their V-Track license in their rental agreements. Contact us to find out how we can support you in this decision.
V-Track provides significant data to your organisation to support efficient asset management. The system generates information across the following areas:
- Computer and host name
- Operating system name and version
- Operating system license key
- System model information
- BIOS information, including serial number
- Hardware configuration and specification across: processors, memory modules, hard drive configurations, network interfaces, monitors, graphics adaptors, installed printers and change history.
- Installed software applications across: software application names, version information, change history and software application usage.
- Microsoft license keys
- Updates and hotfix information
- Computer user and sign-in information
- Financial information across: Lease start and expiry dates, asset cost, asset value, asset rental amount, contract terms, payment frequency, cost centres, depreciation, purchase dates, book values, and more.
V-Track gathers information through the Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) Common Information Model (CIM) specification. In Microsoft Windows environments this is accessed through the Windows Management Interface (WMI), registry information and program files. If you would like to know more about how the data can be used or how to customise your V-Track solution, contact us.
The following specifications are required for the successful installation of V-Track on your client:
- 2GB Memory (minimum requirement)
- 2MB hard drive space
- Microsoft Windows Vista or more recent Windows operating system
- .NET Framework 4 or newer
- Visual C++ 14 Runtime
- Internet connection
The following specifications are required for the successful installation of V-Track on your server:
- 4GB memory (minimum requirement)
- 15GB hard drive space for SQL Express and IIS
- Intel Xeon E3-12XX series processor or equivalent/faster
- Windows Server 2008 or newer operating system
- Internet connection
- .NET Framework 4 or newer
- IIS 7.5 or newer
- ASP.NET support for IIS
- Windows Communication Foundation
- Microsoft SQL Express 2012 or newer
V-Track has been designed to work seamlessly within various deployment strategies so as to fit the different needs of our customers. For the Client, the deployment options are the following:
- Manual on each machine
- a physical install copied from a network share or sent to the user via email.
- Brute force push over IP range
- we set up a script which runs over a range of IP addresses and installs V-Track on each IP if the machine is available.
- Active Directory Group Policy
- the install package is added to your domain group and linked to specific group policy objects so the agent is installed on start-up.
- Deployment via SCCM or similar
- Tools such as SCCM can handle software deployment across a range of machines. The MSI package can be deployed via SCCM in an environment control by tools such as SCCM or similar.
- Pre-setup installation image
- This is the typical choice when working with lease agreements and you have assets configured before delivery. Here, the pre-setup image for an operation system installation is already installed on the asset.
V-Track uses various components to collect, process and store asset information and this requires that the domain administrator do the following:
- Set up the web interface.
- Create or have a SQL Server instance with log-in credentials.
- Set up the V-Track Server Service to consume packages from the V-Track client.